Friday, March 6, 2009

The world is spinning....STOP

well what a week brings...

A weekend of average.....nothing exceptionally spectacular except to say I am blessed to find myself surrounded by great friends and family but still no coat hook to hang my heart. It always seems possible for a moment but the doors get closed about as fast as I try to peek in.
This is a normal occurrence for most of us that travel this spinning world of earth. Its round and round and round we go till one day someone stops us and we are so excited to see the world in still that we fall down and declare love.
hummmm is that really so??? Doesn't the world just start spinning again as you get up to introduce yourself? I have been in love, deep love and still have love but my heart still is asking for the world to stop.

So my average weekend turned into a HOLY CRAP Monday morning. Mondays always sneak up on us and slam us into a reality that sardines ride transit cars, mice build cities and procreation means demanding preteens!

As we are all aware living and working in Calgary right now is a ride not for the weak at heart...we have had the easy "I love you lifestyle" here in Calgary but that has all disappeared to a fond memory as we spy around corners, hide under desks and refuse to pick up our boss's phone calls.

HR is working over time again but this time its as heart breakers. Have you questioned why you are not in HR? It occurred to me that HR is busy when the work is steady and again busy when the work drys up..these people have the right idea "Always be needed!!!"

So as I was saying Monday morning left my spinning world in a stand still..it stopped (be carefull what you wish for) and I found myself down but not to declare some idea of love but to check the floor to see if it had any spare change, crumbs of jobs or just to announce I have been hit again with the word Lay off or in other words we are sinking, we are tossing you over board but first can we have your life jacket?

As my week progressed I got a special inside look at just how much parking is available when 30% of the work force has been sent home. Did you know that there really has been parking on the street in front of buildings all these years!! And that the plus 15 has available sitting areas!! Talk about discoveries!!! I am the first to admit I continued to go downtown to find work, see just how many people are hiding in the suburbs jobless and to find pubs with drink specials. Its a known fact that during hard times boose sales remain steady while food spending go down...hahaha I believe this as my body reminded me that living on a liquid diet isn't going to keep me in shape for phone stalking..

Because just like any fairy tale girl when you are jobless you are still WAITING for a call....stalking your phone wondering if it will ring...waiting waiting waiting..... you are waiting for that one special HR person to call you. Find your number stuffed in the bottom of a desk pocket or lost folder on their /c drive. But call, find my number and call!!

My plan do my budget, spam my resume to every possible email, fax number, warm body I can find, and have a strong talk with God..."Listen here you have three weeks to open some doors otherwise you will find me right where you left me naked,screaming bloody murder and looking at my mother""""



Have a great weekend everyone!!

Keep your chin up and your phone handy!!