Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Intervention Needed!!

Well this morning I had the crisis…bigger then most things not as bad as some..but my crisis was right up there with crap like; having a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, like crawling into bed after someone ate crackers in it, like going to eat ice cream but the last person put a empty container back in the freezer!! My crisis was so annoying that it almost made me crabby worse yet I had no-one to cry at or blame it on!!! No wonder the customer service line for business has a high turn over rate. There are millions of people alone with cold square pieces of technology and usually when it fails its likely there is NO_ONE to blame but the person holding onto the sexy techno gadget!!. That’s why we call out to customer service basically its to see if they can console our panicking hearts in the world of instant gratification.


So you ask what piece of technology am I so attached to that it would put me past bitchy straight to OH HELL I’m not sure I can breath mode…..my phone!!! Yep my complete contact to the outside world and when I say outside world I mean away from my own spinning head of thoughts……. As I seriously fight with my phone to turn on and give me its warm buzz, panic of what if’s flash through my head… ….eeksss….I’m now cursing “work damit work!!” Then onto the begging “ok please turn on just once then I will retrieve my forever lost data and you can nap…please phone please”…and well now after my talk with customer service from a land line and the realities of my cell phone I am onto a dear john letter…

“ Dear phone I cherished you, I took you every where even let you in on my secrets but in the end you shut down, broke down and went dark so I am moving on...so sorry but I have found out you are replaceable; rest in peace dear phone….. the end”

My phone is the source of way more pleasure and instant gratification then should be possible from an 111grams of black cold metal. But lets remember as children we all had a little something we packed around like a booboo, teddy or must have pillow, then when we became teenagers it was our best friend or our special fussy binder, a book, shoes or something we just couldn’t *live without* and well now as an adult it is MY PHONE. I’m thinking I might have a relationship with my phone it vibrates often enough that I feel warm and fuzzy, it chimes a favorite tune when it hears a friend call and it talks to me when I want it too. It has a list of my life in it, my calendar and instant photos of my exceptional monster..Jordan. All in all my phone and probably yours has become just like a teddy of childhood days.

All day I can see if a techno junky like myself has called texted or email..all day every day I walk around with my sleek dark piece of technology in my pocket close at hand ready to be handled or spoken to. So as a adult have we really left the world of childhood behind where we rely on invisible friends, special toys and instant gratification….Oh dam its about to be said as a single female pushing mid- life I haven’t grown up and my current partner is my phone!!!

HELP call for an INTERVENTION!!!


I prefer the real thing I love talking and really I love talking to you with you my friends...vibrations not needed.



Don't forget to laugh and smile at your own adventures!! :-)